Mathematics with Statistics 301 - Pāngarau 301
This course would suit students who are interested in pursuing tertiary study and/or a career in Business, Social Studies, Biological Sciences or Statistics. You will develop analytical and statistical skills, which will support learning in the Humanities, Commerce or Biological Sciences.
You will learn how to:
- Apply linear programming methods in solving problems.
- Investigate bivariate measurement data.
- Use statistical methods to make a formal inference.
- Apply probability concepts in solving problems.
- Apply probability distributions in solving problems.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
It is recommended that students have a scientific calculator (ideally a Casio FX82) or a graphics calculator.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 11 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 19
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.