Mathematics 302 - Pāngarau 302
This course contains a range of Achievement Standards with a focus on Applied Mathematics and is a great course to take if you are interested in pursuing tertiary study and/or a career in Business, Social Studies, or Biological Sciences.
You will learn how to:
- Apply linear programming methods in solving problems.
- Investigate bivariate measurement data.
- Use statistical methods to make an inference.
- Apply systems of simultaneous equations in solving problems.
- Apply probability concepts in solving problems.
The course is aimed at students who wish to study Mathematics at NCEA Level 3, but at a slightly slower pace.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
It is recommended that students have a scientific calculator (ideally a Casio FX82) or a graphics calculator.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 18
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.