This course requires 2 options.
Mathematics 102 - Pāngarau 102
This course covers a range of mathematical concepts, involving Number, Algebra and Statistics. Students will learn how to:
- Apply numeric reasoning in solving problems.
- Investigate a given multivariate data set using the statistical enquiry cycle.
- Apply linear algebra in solving problems.
- Apply measurement in solving problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of chance and data.
The MAT102 course is mainly internally assessed. There is one external assessment covering Statistics and Probability that enables students to gain subject endorsement and is a prerequisite for studying Mathematics at Level 2.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
It is recommended that students have a scientific calculator, ideally a Casio FX82.
Total Credits Available: 18 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.