Mathematics with Calculus - Pāngarau 201
This course is aimed at students with a good understanding of Mathematics. Students will gain a solid foundation for a number of careers or tertiary courses that require a good understanding of algebra or calculus.
You will learn how to:
- Apply probability methods in solving problems.
- Apply trigonometric relationships in solving problems.
- Apply co-ordinate geometry methods in solving problems.
- Apply algebraic methods in solving problems.
- Apply calculus methods in solving problems.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
It is recommended that students have a scientific calculator (ideally a Casio FX82) or a graphics calculator.
Total Credits Available: 16 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 7 credits.