10 Mind the Gap 1
Have you thought about the gap that exists locally and globally for individuals? Learners will inquire into poverty and its causes in New Zealand and around the world. How come some places and people have it all, while others have nothing? Was it luck or skill? Poverty exists everywhere, but can anyone with effort and skill become wealthy? In this course you will learn how to interpret data, maps, and perceive how other people live. You will see the data behind the people. Learners will gain new perspectives about money and resources, and how people use them.
- How do we define and measure poverty?
- What are the causes of poverty?
- What does poverty look like in NZ and globally?
- What are the causes of wealth?
- What are resources and how do we use them?
- How do other cultures and nations look at wealth and poverty?