9 War, What is it Good For? 2
In this course you will explore the big issues around conflict. Find out about times of trauma, violence and unrest in early New Zealand and around the world. From Hōne Heke chopping down the flagpole in Kororāreka during the Northern Wars to the explosive conflicts New Zealand was involved in. Find out why these wars have had a lasting impact on New Zealand.
You will focus on the evolution of warfare and strategies, the personalities behind the conflicts, different weapons, and of course death and destruction during these times of conflict in the world.
- What are the causes of conflict in Aotearoa/New Zealand and worldwide?
- What are the consequences of conflict on Aotearoa/New Zealand?
- How has warfare and weaponry changed over time?
- Which leaders have been effective during times of conflict?
- How do these conflicts still affect us today?